Available Now

Monday 27 July 2015

Book Planning

I'm trying something a bit different.  Normally I allow the characters and scenes in my books to develop organically.  I keep a rough outline of events I'd like to happen, but they're usually just guides. 

Over the past few weeks however, I've constructed a chapter by chapter outline for the book I'm currently working on titled Where Shadows go to Die.  All chapters have been plotted into an 8,500 word synopsis.  We will see if this improves and speeds up my writing process.  With the updated outline, I'd like to work towards a finished first draft by the end of the year.  I have a feeling this is going to be larger than the 80,000 words I first envisioned it would be, but time will tell.  Keep your eye on the Projects Bar titled Shadows.  It's currently at 28,000/ 80,000 and I hope to keep it moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment